Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Summer Part 1: Our Vacation

We have had such a wonderful but busy summer! So much has been going on that it would be hard to write it all down so....I'll have to do it in several parts!

Our summers are usually pretty hectic with being involved with the ministry at Beachmont but we did manage to go on our annual family vacation to the Outer Banks. We had a very relaxing time spending over a week together. We started out at Busch Gardens and Water Country in Williamsburg and then on to the ocean!

We spent hours and hours on the beach. The kids played with Dave, my Dad and each other while my mom and I sat and talked or just relaxed in the sun.


Dave and the kids entered the sand sculpting contest again this year and they won!


On the way home we decided to take the ferry across to Virginia beach. Most of the kids enjoyed this experience. Unfortunately, Jim was feeling a little sea sick!

We had a great time and came home ready to face our busy summer!

1 comment:

TheRagan3 said...

sounds like you had a good time! I LOVE the beach and would live there if I could!