Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Your only as old as you feel!

The other day I was talking to my kids about being old and they were quick to inform me that you're not old until you are 72. Why 72? I have no idea, but at least I have a ways to go before they dub me "old"!
Our conversation after that went something like this:
Me: I guess if you're not old until you turn 72, then Grammy and Gramps aren't old yet, are they?!
Julia: Nope - not yet.
Me: But they look older than me right? Do you think that Grammy looks older than me?
Jim: Just a little bit.
Me: What about Gramps?
Julia: He looks older most of the time.
Me: What about Aunt Dyan? (Dave's older sister)
Julia: She looks younger.
Me: Aunt Debbie? (Dave's younger sister)
Jim: She looks a lot younger!
(I am going to leave out the next few questions in order to protect myself from those parties who might get offended!)
Me: What about Dad? Does he look older? (we are about 6 months apart in age)
Jim: Well, sometimes Daddy looks older..... But he never acts like it!

I guess I should take that as a compliment!
Despite what it may look like by the way this conversation went, I really have no problem growing old - as long as my husband grows old along with me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind growing old....but do I have to grow UP??

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you ever feel grown up? I don't yet. A friend of mine who's 40 said she feels the same as when she was 14.

Libby said...

I feel old....turning 26 this year scares me! It's so much closer to 30 than it is to 20! =)

Anonymous said...

Bev, Tell those precious nieces and nephews of mine that they get the award for making me feel great! Now, can they make me FEEL as young as they think I am? :)