Monday, October 23, 2006

Back to the Blog...

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted a blog! This year has been unusual for our family to say the least! The changes that came along with having a husband that was running for sheriff as well as the busy schedule that we hold in the summer made it necessary to put blogging on the back burner for awhile! I have managed to keep up with reading other blogs and have been encouraged with some of the writing that has been going on!

Since it has been so long since I have posted, I thought I would list some of the changes that have taken place in our family over the past year.

1. Instead of playing house and other "normal" make believe games, my kids now hold fundraisers and mock elections.
2. Before the primary election, at least one of the kids needed to be wearing a "Tritt for Sheriff" t-shirt when we left the house for any errands.
3. My husband's t-shirt drawer is packed to overflowing with political shirts - not just his own!
4. Most of my kids know more about who is running for what in this coming election than I do!
5. On a more serious note - Julia, our oldest, turned 12 years old in August. She now attends Teen Bible Study at Beachmont and has a job with a friend of ours as a "mother's helper".
6. Two of our kids, Jim and Christiana, were baptized this summer.
7. We are back to a regular school schedule again. (Thank goodness!)

3 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

Welcome back to blog world! :)

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Looking forward to reading more posts soon!

Zoanna said...

Welcome back. I just finished reading your post on field trips. Yes, homeschooling is great for that! I get to start over with Joel (kindgergarten next year) and am so looking forward to it.