Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Retreat

This past weekend I had the luxury of joining the ladies in my care group for a time of retreat. A lovely couple in our church graciously opened up their guest house for us to stay in and even provided a map of their farm so that we could roam around and get alone with God.
What a refreshing time it was! We heard some great teachings from Carolyn Mahaney and were able to have several times of worship thanks to Amanda and Kjirstin. We even had a session of working out with Cheryl Wood. I learned a lot about exercise and a lot about the muscles that I didn't know existed! I had trouble getting in and out of chairs and up and down the steps for the next 24 hours!
Best of all, though, was the awesome time alone that I got to have with the Lord. As you can imagine, in a house full of kids the quiet moments are few and far between other that the early morning hours that I have set aside for my quiet times. To actually be able to spend several hours at a time talking to and hearing from God was simply amazing.
It was a beautiful thing to be able to pray with and for the dear friends that I have made in our care group. They are wonderful sisters in Christ whom I have grown close to over the last few years and will cherish their friendship for eternity.
I am so thankful for my husband being willing to release me to take this much needed break and also for my kids for letting mom go for a whole weekend!

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!"

No comments: