Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Two special people

I wanted to post a blog about two very special people. These two people have touched so many lives by the way that they live their lives. The steadfast commitment that they have toward God and to each other is an incredible testimony to anyone that has the privilege of knowing them.
The man is one who could be compared to David - a man after God's own heart. He unselfishly gives of himself over and over. He is one of the most humble servants that I know. He constantly looks for ways to bless others in his actions, his speech and in his prayers.
The woman is one of those Titus 2 "older godly women" that every younger woman longs to have mentor them. She lives out the role model of Proverbs 31 and is truly worth much more than rubies! Her love for the Lord and for her husband is manifested in the way that she so willingly serves all who come to their home no matter what her own circumstance may be.
This couple is very special to me, because they have not only helped me to grow in my walk with the Lord, but they have shaped me into the person that I am today. These two people are my parents.
What a blessing to have such a godly heritage to pass on to my children! The help that I have received from them spiritually as well as physically is priceless. They have supported our desire for a big family from the start and have always been faithful to come along side us in training our children in the things of the Lord.
Last week my parents celebrated 40 years of marriage. All 4 of their children were able to be with them and take them out to their favorite restaurant - Steak & Ale. We had a wonderful time together and I know that I speak for all of my siblings when I say that we are very grateful to my parents for being faithful to raise and train us in the way we should go.
Thanks Dad & Mom! I love you both!


2 comments:

Zoanna said...

Beautiful tribute and outstanding picture. I love your parents.

Anonymous said...

Your parents are the best! Josh and I just love them and they have been a huge example to us. We feel like we could talk to them about anything, and we'd get some of the wisest counsel on earth. And I love Mr. Paul's humor! :)