Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wonderful Vacation

Our family just got back from a much needed vacation to Outer Banks, NC. The week could not have been more beautiful. It was warm and sunny every day until the day we left. We spent hours at the beach swimming, hunting ghost crabs, digging in the sand and looking for shells. We also had access to a swimming pool and play ground where the staff had organized games throughout the week. (Julia won a medal by playing soccer!)
We celebrated my birthday while we were down there, and Dave gave me a certificate to visit the nearby day spa. Wow! What a treat! That was a first for me. I felt quite pampered!
I must say that one of favorite things down there was my quiet times. I had a hammock style porch swing just outside of my bedroom where I could see the ocean. This is where I sat to spend time with the Lord.
We are so grateful for this time away together. We had such a wonderful time!


Trying out the boogie boards!

Digging in the sand. (I think Dave had the most fun here!)

My Cuties!

3 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

What is the sand sculpture? Looks like a toilet seat! :)
I like the one of the baby crawling; looks like it belongs on the front of a greeting card!
So glad you are going to be pampered! HOpe you enjoy it.
And, Happy Birthday!

Bev said...

Yes Briana, it IS a toilet. My husband has an interesting sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

Dave is very practical- perhaps it was a long walk back to the nearest facility???