Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Godly Women

Titus talks about 7 things that we as godly women are to learn.
The first thing that we should learn is to love our husbands. Thanks to my mom's teachings on the godly woman, I've picked up a bit of Greek. The Greek found here are the words phileo (beloved friend) and andros (man).
We should encourage our husbands without being critical or judgmental. We should be willing to pray with him and for him. We must come along side him in whatever place God calls him to and be helpful to him in whatever way we can.

Next, we are to learn to love our children. There are many things that we can do to put this into practice. -Attentive listening
- Enthusiastic encouragement
- Physical affection
- Verbal commendation on character qualities
- Spending time with them and giving them undivided attention
- Faithful intercession for our children
Remember, we are training our kids to be warriors for Christ!
These are only two of the seven things that we as women are to be working on in our lives, but already I feel convicted in both of these areas. I need to pray more for my husband and my children. I need to be faithful in showing my love for them both physically and spiritually.

No comments: