Monday, November 06, 2006

My rose

It is so wonderful to watch my kids blossoming slowly into who they will one day fully be as adults. They still have a loooong way to go, but it is still heart warming (and sometimes amusing) to watch them growing up into who God wants them to be.
This week I have watched my children serving myself as well as each other very unselfishly. It is a quality that I hope each one will develop and have as one of the stronger qualities in their lives. I have also watched them learn how to show compassion to others as well as showing their love in tangible ways.
Earlier last week on the day that I was to come home from the hospital my oldest son Jim was out and about with my dad. He asked my dad if they could stop at the store so that he could buy something for me. He used his very own money and bought me a single rose. It was one of the most beautiful roses that I have ever received - not just because of its natural beauty, but because it was chosen with great care by my son in order that he could show the great love that he has for me.
I am certain that girls are the farthest thing from his mind right now - but if he is already buying flowers for the one woman in his life at the age of eleven, then one day, he's going to sweep some fortunate girl off her feet! What a lucky girl!


3 comments:

Zoanna said...

Aww, Bev, I am in tears. That was a beautiful gesture and a beautiful rose!

Briana Almengor said...

Just wanted to let you know that we're praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Bev, that was great. Will he wait for Camryn??? Ha ha.