Thursday, September 29, 2005

Unique kids

Lord, thank you that my kids are all so different and unique! Please help me to remember this in the midst of the daily struggles to raise and train them. Help me to not deal with them as a group, but to deal with each child as an individual with individual needs.
Thank you that Julia has such a maternal touch with the little ones. Thank you that she is willing to help me with them when I need to be with one of her other siblings. Help her to learn to truly care for all of her brothers and sisters. Thank you for her ability to sing and play the piano. Help her to use this ability to glorify You.
Thank you for Jim's sensitivity to the Spirit working in Him. Thank you for his desire to be helpful to me. Thank you for the love that he has for small children. Please help him to not compare himself to others. Thank you for his artistic talents.
Thank you for Christiana. Thank you for her ability to make others laugh. Please help her to know when to use this ability and when not to! Thank you that she loves to serve others!
Thank you for Mark's love for work. Thank you that I can give him a job and I can know that he will get it done. Please help him to respond to his siblings with kindness. Thank you for his love of learning.
Thank you for Nathan's tenderness towards his Dad and me. Thank you that he still loves to sit and cuddle! Please help him to learn perseverance. Thank you for his love of animals.
Thank you for Matt. Thank you for his outgoing personality and his ability to make friends so easily. Please help him to not to react so strongly to negative situations. Thank you that he is so quick to forgive.
Thank you for Amanda. Thank you that she is learning to talk and to pretend with her siblings. Please help her to be happy even when she doesn't get her way. Thank you that she loves to sing.
Thank you for Alyssa. Thank you that she is such a content baby. Please help me to learn about the things that make her unique. Thank you for yet another blessing in our family.
Thank you Lord for all of my children and for my husband. May our family glorify You and be a blessing to You in all that we do!

No comments: