Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A Noble Crown

"A wife of noble character is her husband's crown..." Proverbs 12:4
I looked up the word noble, and it means a : possessing very high or excellent qualities or properties b : very good or excellent. God wants me to be excellent in all that I do. Everything I do as a wife should be excellent. Everything that I do as a mom should be excellent. Everything that I do as a person should be excellent. This does not mean that I can be adequate, acceptable, or just satisfactory, I need to go above and beyond the expectations of the world and even of my husband. Just because we have been married for 12 years doesn't mean that he should just except me as I am with all my faults. My desire should be to love, honor and obey him, just like I vowed to do on our wedding day..."til death do us part".
God has brought the two of us together. We were made for each other! What an exciting thought! I was made just for Dave, and he was made for me. I am glad to say that not only is he my husband, but he is also my friend.
I may love being a mother, but I need to remember that first I was a wife, and before I know it, my kids will be married and once again it will be just Dave and I. I must constantly be working on making my marriage the best that it can be.
God wants me to be a crown for my husband. All the crowns that I have seen have made the wearer of the crown look regal and important. I want this for my husband! I want him to prosper in all that he does. What better way than to be a crown for him?

No comments: