Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A good book

I love a good book! As long as I can remember I have loved to read. Many times I remember my parents either laughing at me or getting frustrated with me because I would totally tune out everything and everyone when I had my nose in a book.
Some of my favorite books growing up were the Bobbsey Twins series and the Mandie books. I liked those so much, that a few years ago, my mom gave me the last 15 books in the Mandie series for Christmas so that I could pass them on to my girls to read - after I got to read them of course!
Now my girls love to read as much as I do and it brings me great pleasure to see them curled up with a good book. I have a hard time keeping enough books around to satisfy their hunger for a good story!
The problem I face now is not tuning people out while I read, but finding enough time to satisfy my own cravings for a good book! I have two places that I find time to get into a good book. Sometimes I'll take a book with me when I relax in the tub. I use this time to preview a shorter book that one of the kids wants to read. Most of the time I find myself reading in my bed after all the kids are tucked in for the night.
I get a lot of my material passed on to me from my mom who I inherited my love for reading from. Together we have found some amazing Christian authors that I hope keep writing for a long time. Among those authors are Lynn Austin, Lori Wick, Beverly Lewis and Gilbert Morris.
I'm always looking for new authors to get into, so if you have any to pass on, I would love to hear your suggestions!

No comments: