Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Sound Mind

Today I had to go shopping for a Valentine's dinner that I am hosting for our care group. So, I packed up my five younger kids and headed to Walmart. I had my list in my hand writing down some last minute items that had to be added and then put it in the pocket of my hoodie as I braced myself against the huge gust of wind that hit me when I opened the door of the van.
I successfully navigated the parking lot with kids in tow and we all trekked back to the photo center to get some pictures developed while we shopped. Once the order for the pictures was placed I reached into my pocket to get out my carefully planned list to shop from when to my dismay I found that it was missing! What in the world was I going to do? It must have blown away when that gust of wind hit me out in the parking lot. Now I would have to rely completely on my memory which as of late has left something to be desired. ;)
Anyway, a long story short - I actually managed to get everything that was on my list without going completely crazy. So, today I am thankful that God gave me a sound mind and the ability to remember all the things that I needed.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, of love, and of a sound mind."

No comments: