Saturday, February 21, 2009

Jehovah-Jireh

Today I am thankful that God is our provider. Time and time again I have seen His hand provide in miraculous ways. As I was growing up at Beachmont, my parents were faithful to teach me that what we ask for in faith we will receive. Beachmont has always had a policy of living absolutely debt free. The camp has had to wait for different projects to be completed because they were waiting for the money to come in, but for as long as I can remember, the money always came in. I watched my parents faithfully pray for whatever the need was and time and time again the money would come in and the need would be met.
This lesson often hit home for our family personally because my parents are on the payroll at Beachmont. I remember one time specifically that our family's needs were met. We really needed a second car and my parents asked us kids to join them in praying that God would provide one for them. I remember asking my mom if it was okay to ask God for a blue car because that was my mom's favorite color. She said that she thought it was fine because nothing is too hard for our Heavenly Father. Within a few weeks (maybe less) someone delivered a Plymouth Horizon to the camp with my parents name on the title and handed them the keys. When I went out to see the car I was excited to see that it was indeed blue! That was one of many cars that people gave to my parents - always just when they needed one.
Now that I have a family of my own, I have seen God's faithful hand at work once more always providing just what we need, just when we need it. How fitting it is that one of the many names of our great God is Jehovah-Jireh which means "God will provide."
Although the economy is looking rather bleak, we can rest assured that what we ask for in faith we will receive because our God is a faithful provider. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Briana Almengor said...

Love the blue car story. I love the child-like faith. Great to be reminded that it's those kinds of prayers that our Father delights in answering.