Friday, February 13, 2009

My Kids

Today (and every day) I am so very grateful for my wonderful children. God has blessed me so very much with eight beautiful healthy children. Each and every one of them are very different and very special.
Julia is 14 and turning into a godly young woman. Every day I see her character becoming more like Christ and I see God cultivating in her the gentle quiet spirit of a Proverbs 31 woman. She will always be my daughter but more and more she is becoming my friend.
Jim is 13 and becoming quite a young man. He is very sensitive to my needs and loves to serve me any way he can. Over this past year I have seen God working in different areas of Jim's life and I am excited to see what God has for Jim's future.
Christiana is 11 and loves to have fun. She has a heart for God and loves to be a big sister to her younger siblings. I see God teaching her many things as she begins to change from a little girl into a young woman.
Mark is almost 10 and has been working on becoming more like Christ. He is the oldest at home on school days and is showing responsibility as the big brother.
Nathan is 8 and is a very quiet boy. He doesn't get into much trouble and he is very sensitive. While I do see evidences of grace in His life, I pray daily for his salvation.
Matthew is 6 and very passionate about everything. He likes to play with his siblings and spend time with his friends. he is very sociable. I also pray daily for his salvation.
Amanda is our love bug. She is 5 and loves to cuddle. She loves to hang out with the girls and do "girly" things. She talks about Jesus and loves to go to Sunday School, but I know that she needs salvation.
Alyssa is 3 and loves to learn. She is quite gifted musically and loves to sing. She also loves to read stories. (She has memorized the entire Dr. Seuss book Gerald McBoing Boing) I pray that she will learn to love Jesus just like her older siblings.
I love my children so much and am privileged to be raising up an army for God. I pray daily for the grace and the strength to be a Godly mother to them.
I am also looking forward to meeting my three children that are no longer with me . I know that I can rest in the knowledge that they are in the hands of our loving Heavenly Father. Soli Deo Gloria!

"Children are a blessing from the Lord...like arrows in the hands of a warrior...blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."

No comments: