Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband of almost 16 years. The only man I ever dated, the only man I ever wanted to marry, my best friend, my companion, and my one true love here on earth. The husband of my dreams, the father of our children and the one that I want to grow old with. I thank God for the precious gift of marriage and for blessing me with such a loving husband.

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight for the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. I love thee freely, as men strive for Right; I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use in my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith. I love thee with a love I seemed to lose with my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

“Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. Our times are in his hand who saith, 'A whole I planned, youth shows but half; Trust God: See all, nor be afraid!'”
Robert Browning

No comments: