Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Grace

Today I am thankful for the gift of God's grace. No matter what the circumstances of my life may look like, I know that God will give me the grace to walk through each day with Him by my side. I may be having a great day with my kids or maybe I am really struggling to keep up. Whether or not I feel like I can handle life on any given day, I know that by God's grace and with His help I can be the best mom/wife/person that He wants me to be.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults,in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak then I am strong.
Yes, I love this gift of grace, but I know that God's grace is not given only when I feel like I am not strong enough physically to walk through the day, but more importantly when I am not feeling strong enough spiritually and when I am tempted to give in to sin. Whether I am battling with impatience, discontentment or pride, God has promised grace to help me run away from sin.
"Human sin is stubborn, but not as stubborn as the grace of God and not half so persistent, not half so ready to suffer to win its way." Cornelius Plantinga
Thank God for His gift of stubborn grace.

1 comment:

Briana Almengor said...

that last quote is great! Thanks for the reminder of this truth today.